With nice, warm weather throughout the year, Acapulco has everything you need to enjoy the vacation of your dreams. Whether you are planning a family vacation, traveling with a group of friends or looking for a romantic getaway, Acapulco is the place to be! Here’s a short list I compiled of tips and information for you when vacationing in Acapulco:
• Acapulco offers many different types of water sports for almost all ages – water skiing, banana boats, windsurfing, and more. I personally suggest that you try the stand-up paddle board. It’s the new “in-fashion sport” here in Acapulco.
• Acapulco is known for its golf and tennis courts, hosting The Mexican Open tennis tournament every year.
• If you want to please the little ones, the Cici Water Park is the place for them. Children will be thrilled by the rides, as well as the aquarium and the seal and dolphin show.
• For the historians, Acapulco has many popular tourist attractions rich in history, such as Fort of San Diego and Mural Diego Rivera.
• Acapulco offers authentic food for everyone’s tastes, from seafood, tacos al pastor and my favorite – “Pozole” Guerrero Style (green pozole), as well as international cuisine and much more. Several restaurants boast spectacular views of the Acapulco Bay.
• Acapulco is internationally well known for its night life, offering a great variety of bars, night clubs and discotheques with all kinds of music. You will find them along La Costera, Avenida Escénica, and the new Diamante Area.
• Talk about romance! Acapulco has been a favorite destination since the ‘50s for national and international celebrities, who have chosen this paradise for weddings or honeymoons.
• Last but not least, you cannot leave the city without visiting one of my favorite places: Capilla de la Paz (Chapel of Peace) located on the top of a hill in the Las Brisas area, guarded by the Trouyet Cross, a huge cross that can be seen from almost anywhere in Acapulco. Its lovely gardens make this a beautiful and peaceful place with a breathtaking view that is worth the trip alone.
Do you have any tips on where to play, eat, or shop in Acapulco? If so, share your story here. If you want to hear more about Acapulco, come back to the RCI Blog this week. We’ll be sharing photos from RCI subscribing members who have visited Acapulco.