Did you know that more than ¼ of the total US population lives within a 600 mile radius of the Wisconsin Dells? For many, this is less than an 8-hour drive to a destination that delivers endless hours of activities for people of all ages!
My family of five has been traveling to the Dells nearly every October for the past eight years, and we’re planning a return visit over Fall Break this year. With three boys ages 3-14 years old, our interests change daily, and the Dells is one of the few drive-to destinations that the whole family looks forward to. Here is a list of what you can do during your trip to the Dells!
At the waterpark:
- My 14-year old –LOVES the wave pools, surfing, water slides and sometimes a hot tub to (in his words) “chillax”J
- My 6-year old – He’s crazy about playing basketball and getting his feet wet riding the big kid slides! With zero-degree entry pools, water guns galore, and plenty of splashing water, there are endless kid-friendly areas to play.
- My 3-year old – Last year he loved floating on the lazy river, chasing his brothers and gliding down the tot sized slides.
Where can you find all of these amazing water park activities in the Dells? Our personal favorites are the Wilderness Resort, Kalahari, and Mount Olympus
Away from the waterpark:
- Dining - We love Moosejaw Pizza, Sarento’s Italian Restaurant, and Mr. Pancake Restaurant
- Amusement parks and mini-golf – Don’t miss Mount Olympus theme park
- Visit the Downtown Dells – check out Wizard Quest and visit the Goody Goody Gum Drop for candy
- Duckboat rides – On land and in the water, experience a piece of history and have fun too!
- Shopping – With a Tanger Outlet Mall nearby, a little retail therapy is just what I need after a busy day at the water park
This week on the RCI Blog, we’ll be sharing stories and photos from RCI subscribing members who have also traveled to the Dells. Be sure to come back to take a look!
Have you vacationed in the Wisconsin Dells, what other recommendations do you have (for me and the other 81 million people living within 600 miles)?
Here’s a pic of my 2-oldest boys at the wave pool.